When you go around some online shop, sometime you’ll see products with ribbon ‘Sales‘ or will see two price (1 for original price, 1 for new price) and something like that….
So how to do it in magento?
It’s very esay. I’ll explain step by step in this below:
1. Login to the Magento admin.
2. On the top menu go to ‘Catalog > Manage‘ Products.
3. Click the product on the grid to edit.
4. On the left menu, click ‘Prices‘.
5. (If you only have one store skip this step) On the top left, select the appropriate Store from the drop down.
6. Enter the desired Sale price on the field ‘Special Price‘.
7. If applicable, assign a date range using the fields ‘Special Price From Date’ and ‘Special Price To Date‘.
8. Click Save.
9. On the top menu go to ‘System > Index Management‘.
10. Find “Product Prices” from the grid and hit ‘Reindex Data‘.
11. On the top menu go to ‘System > Cache Management‘.
12. Check the ‘Page Cache’ item, make sure the ‘Actions’ dropdown has a value of ‘Refresh‘, and click Submit.